1. Desiring God written by John Piper from Multnomah press.
2. When I don’t Desire God (How to fight for Joy) by John Piper from Crossway Books
3. The Gosple according to Jesus by John MacArthur from Zondervan.
4. The Jesus you can’t Ignore by John MacArthur from Thomas Nelson.
5. The Explicit Gospel by Matt chandler from Crossway.
6. Crazy Love by Francis Chan from David C Cook.
7. Radical by David Platt from Multnomah.
8. The Holiness of God by Rc Sproul from Tyndale House Publishers.
9. The Knowledge of The Holy by A.W. Tozer from Harper one.
10. What is the Gospel by Greg Gilbert from Crossway.
11. The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan from Hendrickson.
12. The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges from Navpress.
13. Down Pour by James MacDonald from B&H Books.
Bonus: The Gospel of John & 1 John by John the Apostle, commission by Jesus the Christ from the Holy Spirit.
I have read all these books and they have had an impact on who I am, and my theology. Number 3 changed my life. I mean that it caused me to take a serious look at my salvation and what salvation is. Number 1& 2 I read next and they made me hunger all the more for God and #2 taught me how to seek Jesus. The rest speak of pursuing the lover of our souls.There is a pattern to the books chosen every one of the choices show the glory of God and His grace towards us and how we should live. The Gospel and epistle are not meant to be read quickly, but as a devotion to know God and what is required of us. Enjoy the reading and I pray God ravishes you and draws you closer to Him by using these works to drive you into the Holy Scriptures seeking I AM!
Your brother in Christ …..jimbo
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, only Jesus.